Planning on announcing your unborn baby's gender to the world? We've rounded up three of our top ways to do it below.
1. Confetti bags. Well it may make a mess but it's totally worth it for the amazing Instagram snaps you'll get! You can do this at home (there are plenty of kits you can buy online) with just a photographer or invite all your mates over to enjoy the moments.
2. Involve other children. There's no better way to get your baby's siblings excited about his or her arrival than be including them in big events such as the gender reveal. Decorate your child's room with gender specific colours or hang 'boy' or 'girl' balloons in the background. Makes for an excellent picture and lots of fun for your little one!
3. Let the cake do the talking! This one you can easily get your local baker to prepare but filling the cake with blue or pink sweets such as smarties. Make sure you have the camera ready once again for the big reveal then everyone can celebrate with a slice of the delicious cake.
Looking for something a little out of the norm? Check out some of the crazy gender reveal ideas below...
We’ve all seen the Instagram photos of happy couples cutting into cakes with pink or blue filling, but what’s a mama-to-be to do if she wants to be a little more extra with her gender reveal? We’ve scoured the internet to find some of the MOST extra ideas when it comes to gender reveals. Get ready to take notes!
- Enlist a friendly gator to make the reveal… Yes, we said ‘gator’, as in ‘alligator’! A family in Louisiana invited friends and family to watch as daddy threw a hollowed out watermelon into the alligator’s jaws. The gator chomped down on the watermelon, producing an explosion of blue jello – it’s a boy!
- Bit of a daredevil? A professional skydiver in the US jumped out of a plane to reveal a plume of coloured smoke that signalled the gender to his family below. Like the plane theme? Another family rented a plane that dropped 1500 tiny blue balls onto family waiting on the tarmac!
- Want to get the whole fair in on your exciting news? One couple lit up a Ferris wheel in the colour pink to share they were having a beautiful little girl.
- Go big or go home – couples are hiring rocket launchers filled with confetti to announce their baby’s gender!
- Let’s face it – your hairdresser was probably one of the first people you told when you were pregnant, so why not get them in on the fun of the gender reveal! Ask your hairdresser to put a temporary blue or pink dye in your hair (make sure it’s preg-friendly) and let them share in the fun! You’ll need a good blindfold so you’re not tempted to peek!
Planning a baby shower gender reveal? Shop our favourite baby shower dresses here.