Your little one’s arrival is only a few months away and it’s time to start planning your baby shower! There are so many ways to celebrate the impending birth and one of our favourites is with a bohemian flower theme. But what do you serve, wear and decorate with? We’ve rounded up some bohemian baby shower inspiration and put together a little how-to, just for you!
How to Decorate
When planning your bohemian-themed baby shower, think florals, teepees and a hint of macramé:
- Fit for a queen - Every baby shower needs a throne for the mama-to-be, and we love the idea of adorning a rattan peacock chair with florals and greenery. It’s the perfect place to snap a selfie or two, or just rest your tired, swollen feet!
- Go rustic – serve food on wooden platters shaped like they’ve been cut straight from the forest. Layer them up for even more rustic boho vibes.
- Keep it tonal – pale pinks and whites tie perfectly with the floral theme, with accents of bare wood and perhaps just a hint of sparkle.
What to Serve
- Kombucha, in vintage glass decanters, of course! Fresh cut fruit not only tastes delish, it also adds to the décor.
- Simple snacks, especially if you’re catering! Make it easy for yourself mama – simple sandwiches, tasty dips and plentiful platters are perfect for the boho baby shower.
- Something sweet! If there’s any time you should be able to treat yourself, it’s at your baby shower.
What to Wear
Now, the most important decision to make about your baby shower – what you’ll be wearing! Keep things on-theme, comfortable and stylish – you’ll be showing bub these photos for years to come.
- It’s a wrap – a wrap dress will flatter any shape, no matter how far along you are in your pregnancy. Wear a wrap dress adorned with florals for that laid-back, boho vibe.
- Lace it up – we love it when the mama-to-be stands out from the guests at her baby shower, and not just because she’s the one that’s glowing! A white lace dress like The One will mean all eyes are on you and your bump. If you prefer your lace a little more low-key, add a kimono over your favourite maternity basic.
- Go floral – florals for a bohemian baby shower? Ground breaking! But trust us, you’ll feel like the belle of the ball in these delicate flower numbers.
Are you planning a bohemian-themed baby shower? Don’t forget to tag us in your pics at @maiveandbo.